STOTT PILATES* Specialty Tracks
Benefits of Becoming a Specialist
- Focus your training in the field of your choice
- Develop specialty programming for your clientele
- Service special populations in your community
- Receive cueing tips for specialty customers
- Learn modifications to address individual requirements
- Discover the specific needs of unique groups
- Explore how market segments differ from one another
- Address the anatomy and biomechanical necessities in each case
- Filter through the hundreds of workshop opportunities
- Streamline continuing education
Requirements for Becoming a Specialist
- All workshops included in the STOTT PILATES Specialty Tracks are open to any individual regardless of whether they have completed any training or certification in the STOTT PILATES method.
- A current STOTT PILATES certification at any level is required in order to be recognized as a “Specialist” in any track. A completion letter for each workshop will be issued, however, the “Specialist” designation will not be granted if no certification is held.
- A total of eight workshops within each track must be completed to receive the “Specialist” designation.
- There is no time limit to complete the required number of workshops; however, the individual must hold a current certification at the time of completion in order to receive the designation.
- Any individual wishing to receive recognition as a STOTT PILATES "Specialist" in any track must submit a written request to email@example.com or fax to 416-482-2742. If we are unable to verify that the required number of workshops has been taken, the applicant must submit documentation to support their request.
- STOTT PILATES will accept any workshops taken after January 1, 2007 as part of the requirement for Specialist recognition.
- Any workshops taken prior to an individual becoming certified with STOTT PILATES will be considered for "Specialist" designation, however, status will not be granted until certification is achieved.
- If an individual completes all workshop requirements in any one track, but does not hold a valid certification (i.e. yearly CECs have not been maintained), "Specialist" recognition will be granted only when certification is returned to good standing.
- STOTT PILATES reserves the right to reject any request for "Specialist" status.
- If an instructor attends one workshop that appears in more than one Specialty Track, it will be counted toward completion of both tracks.
Athletic Conditioning Specialist
For those who work with accomplished athletes – learn to improve strength, power and agility, while challenging unilateral movement, weight transference and torso rotation. Take your clients to a new level of athletic performance.
Post-Rehabilitation Conditioning Specialist
For clients with injuries or special conditions – zero in on areas of the body which are most commonly injured. Learn to help your clients maintain strength after rehab and prevent future injuries.
Active for Life Specialist
Specialized programming for the active aging population – learn to adapt the STOTT PILATES Principles and exercises for the active Boomers and older adults. Address issues such as restricted mobility.
Pre & Postnatal Specialist
Take moms-to-be from traditional Matwork to variations that address their changing bodies. Learn appropriate exercise adaptations taking individual factors into consideration such as fitness level and health concerns.
Give your clients that extra edge. Learn exercises designed to increase strength, balance, flexibility and power. Condition the entire body, enhance core stability and body awareness to help boost performance on and off the green.
Teaching effective and inspiring group Matwork classes requires skill, creativity and a complete repertoire of exercises. Learn techniques and selections to maintain motivation and ensure improvement even with a wide spectrum of clients.
Group classes on equipment can be fun and invigorating with an experienced and qualified instructor. Learn both classic and highly inventive exercises to guarantee stimulating sessions at a variety of levels.
Dance inspired programs help clients build strength and stability while improving balance and flexibility. Learn specially designed exercises that combine fluidity of movement with sound biomechanical fundamentals.
Current JG University Special Offers
- Early Course Registration Special
Sign up and pay in full for an Intensive STOTT PILATES course at least 3 weeks prior to the course start date and save $200. If you sign up and pay in full at least 3 weeks prior to an Advanced STOTT PILATES course, save $50.
How do I enroll?
Fill out the on-line application form. Call the Instructor Trainer Hotline at (562) 430-3006 if you have questions. We’re happy to help.